So you’re looking for the best camera for under 700? Well, there are so many options to choose from. You have the choice between:
- Point and shoot cameras
- Mirrorless cameras
Below, we have compiled a list of the best camera under 700 that lets you capture detailed and sharp images. Check them out.
Best-Rated Camera Options Under 700: Comparison List
If you would like to know more about how these cameras compare, this comparison table highlights the features of each product.
Best Camera Under 700 Review for 2021
1. Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Camera
One of the best features of this camera is its 24MP APS-C sensor that delivers great image quality. On top of that, the a6000 mirrorless camera boasts an ISO range of 100-25600 for capturing beautiful low-light photos.
Additionally, thanks to its fast autofocus system that features 179 points, the Sony a600 allows continuous shooting at 11fps. This ensures you don’t miss a moment during still or video capture.
- Compact and lightweight
- High-speed processor with lower noise
- Intuitive controls making it easy to use
- Records movies with full HD 1920 X 1080 resolution
- The kits lens it comes with is not of good quality
2. Nikon D7100 SLR
Next up in our list of the best camera for under 700 is the Nikon D7100 that boasts an ISO range from 100-6400. This enables you to capture quality and sharp images in extremely low-light conditions.
What’s more? The unit features a 24.1MP image sensor in DX-format that allows you to take up to 100 continuous shots at 6FPS.
- Supports wireless sharing of photos
- Boasts ultra-precise metering and autofocus
- Includes advanced video recording features
- High-speed shooting
- A bit sluggish
3. Canon SL2 EOS Rebel
Featuring optical viewfinder, the EOS Rebel enables you to compose your images for steady shooting in bright sunlight. Besides, its wireless connectivity feature allows you to share photos and videos easily on other devices.
Additionally, the camera boasts fast autofocus that enables you to focus precisely and quickly on your subjects. As a result, you get stunning photos and videos.
- Fun, lightweight, and easy to use
- Boasts a high-resolution 24.2MP CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 7 processor ensures fast operation
- Smooth video and audio recording
- Battery drains up pretty quickly when shooting videos
4. Panasonic Lumix ZS100
Looking for a point and shoot camera? The Lumix ZS100 by Panasonic boasts very powerful features including high-speed autofocus and electronic viewfinder. Also, the camera is built to use a 5-axis correction that suppresses any blurring caused by unwanted shaking.
More so, it’s equipped with a 20.1MP sensor that enables you to capture stunning photos both during the day and night.
- Comes with a 10X zoom lens
- High-resolution viewfinder
- Ideal for travelers
- Delivers more colorful and brighter photos
- Autofocus does not always find the right focus
5. Nikon D5300
The Nikon D5300 is a high-resolution camera with built-in Wi-Fi for fast photo sharing to your other devices. But here is the best part; this unit boasts a Vari-angle LCD display that swivels up to 180 degrees. This allows you to shoot from different and exciting new angles.
More importantly, the camera delivers most lifelike photos with a great level of clarity and sharpness thanks to its 24MP CMOS sensor.
- Shoots continuously at 5 frames per second
- Fast 39-point autofocus
- Rugged, compact, and lightweight design
- Creates high-quality 1080p Full HD videos
- Multi-controller is a bit noisy
6. Sony Alpha a600 ILCE-6000L/B
If you’re a photographer looking to ignite your creativity, you should probably consider this Sony Alpha a600 mirrorless camera. It has super-fast autofocus that enables you to capture instant shots from both fast action and candid.
On top of that, the camera is equipped with an electronic viewfinder display which shows you exactly what will appear in your recordings. This enables you to fine-tune your shots before taking them.
- Intuitive and customizable controls
- Has a 24.3MP CMOS sensor for amazing shots
- ISO range of 100-25600 for stunning low-light photos
- Boasts a tilt LCD display and pop-up flash
- Most components in the accessory bundle are not of great quality
7. Olympus Mark II OM-D E-M10 Mirrorless
This is a surprisingly sophisticated mirrorless camera that is suitable for both novices and photo enthusiasts. It delivers an advanced 5-axis image stabilization system that ensures sharper images with every shot.
Additionally, the unit boasts an electronic viewfinder with 2.36 million pixels so you can see clearly what you’d like to shoot. This feature comes in handy, especially in bright light.
- Supports burst shooting at 8.5 frames per second
- Includes a fast-touch AF system
- Has silent mode function
- Built-in flash and 16MP optical sensor
- AF is not the best with moving targets
Buying Guide- What to Look Out for
The first step is to determine what type of camera you need. You can choose between a DSLR, mirrorless and point & shoot camera depending on your needs.
Another thing to look out for when buying the best camera for under 700 is the resolution of the image sensor. If you want to take clear and lifelike photos with more details, you should consider a camera with at least 18MP.
Additionally, you need to take into account the ISO range and aperture of the camera. Generally, cameras with a wider aperture and high ISO range tend to perform better in low light conditions.
Last but not least, make sure to consider the video quality of the camera. Most units under 700 can record Full HD video which is more than good.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before we wrap up, let’s go through some of the common questions people ask about the best camera for under 700.
What is the best quality brand?
There are so many including Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Panasonic, Sony, Lumix, Pentax, and Casio.
Do megapixels affect image quality?
Yes they do. However other factors like the quality of the sensor and lenses also affect the image quality.
Is a bigger image sensor better?
Yes. Larger image sensors allow you to take better photos, especially in low-light.
Which is the Best?
In our opinion, the Canon SL2 EOS Rebel seems to be the overall best. It is Wi-Fi enabled and boasts fast and accurate autofocus. Besides, it records videos at Full HD quality and features a high-speed image processor.
All the seven cameras we’ve reviewed are quite different. Therefore, regardless of what your needs are, we believe that you’re going to find one that suits your preferences.